Five Ways to Display Your Travel Souvenirs
Planning to travel this summer? If so, you will probably come home with all kinds of great mementos from the trip – postcards, seashells, maps and tickets. And if you are anything like me, you will place them in a spare drawer somewhere and vow to do something with them one day when you have time. Of course, they are likely still sitting in that drawer, forgotten.
This year, why not display them in your home in a creative way? Here are five ways to display your travel souvenirs with style:
1. Sand bottles – collect sand from each beach you travel to and display it in clear bottles in all different shapes and styles. You can even include small seashells from that beach. Label the bottles with the names of the places you took them from and you’ll have a cool display that instantly transports you back to the beach.
2. Wooden memory boxes – Find wooden boxes and paint them colors that coordinate well with your home decor. Stencil the name of the city you visited on the outside of the box. Then, stow away all the small souvenirs from that city inside and display the boxes neatly on bookshelves or on accent tables. These are great conversation starters when you have friends or family over.
3. DIY paperweights – Turn maps, brochures, postcards, or pictures into paperweights by decoupaging them onto tile coasters. Look for “how tos” online or find a service that will take your photos and create coasters from them.
4. Frame paper mementos – Buy a pretty frame and create a collage from all the paper items on your trip, i.e. show tickets, brochures, maps, menus or foreign currency. I have a small frame with stamps from my honeymoon in Aruba. They are so pretty!
5. Memory jar – Take a large mason jar and place a favorite travel photo in the back. Fill the front with favorite trinkets and display these jars throughout your home.
By displaying your travel souvenirs you and your family will have a reminder of those special vacation moments every single day.